Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors is responsible for overall governance and stewardship of the organization. This committed group of volunteers meets quarterly. The Board carries out its responsibilities through three committees, each of which has its own mandate and meets quarterly:
- the Finance & Audit Committee (FAC)
- the Governance & Legal Committee (GLC)
- and the Human Resources Committee (HRC)
As we roll out our ambitious 2020-2022 Strategic Plan, we are seeking passionate and experienced leaders to join our volunteer Board of Directors.
Join our board!
We are an organization dedicated to inclusive and equitable quality education and lifelong learning opportunities for all (UN Sustainable Development Goal #4). We stand against anti-Black and anti-Indigenous racism and against all forms of discrimination in North America and around the world.
We consider the lack of representation of Black, Indigenous and people of colour at senior levels of our organization, including on our Board of Directors, a problem we are committed to addressing. We welcome applications to our Board of Directors from BIPOC communities.
If you share our commitment to these goals and values, we welcome your application.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 3, 2020.
Steven R. Wolff — Chair
President & Chief Executive Officer, CIBC Mellon
Deb Craven — Vice Chair & Chair, Human Resources Committee
Chief Financial Officer, Longo Brothers Fruit Markets Inc.
Joe Rizzi — Chair, Finance & Audit Committee
Senior Vice-President, Rogers for Business & Digital Finance, Rogers Communications Inc.
Ted Fransen — Chair, Governance & Legal Committee
Superintendent of Education/CEO, Pembina Trails School Division
Facilitator - Consultant, 9Doors Facilitation
Managing Director, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, BlackRock Asset Management Canada Limited
Regional Executive Director, Halifax Regional Centre for Education
VP HR, Regional Banking, Royal Bank of Canada
Executive Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer, Morneau Shepell
Area Director, Area A Schools, Calgary Catholic School District
Our advisory committees offer their expertise, community connections and support to enrich our work.
Superintendent, School District No. 36 (Surrey)
- Teresa Blum - Past President, Ontario Federation of Home and School Associations
- Charla Dorrington - Second Vice-President, Canadian Home and School Federation
- Deana Helton - Area Director, Calgary Catholic School District (CCSD)
- Dr. Cecilia Reynolds - Deputy Provost and Associate Vice-President, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Susan Schmidt - Assistant Superintendent, Student Services, Pembina Trails School Division
- James Scongack - Vice-President, Corporate Affairs, Bruce Power
- Ardith Shirley - Director of Professional Development, New Brunswick Teachers' Association
- Duncan Sinclair - Vice Chair, Thought Leadership and Dean, DU North
- Mario Tirelli - Retired Director General, English Montreal School Board
- Karen Alvarez
- Janet Austin
- Jessica Bonin
- Colleen Dickie
- Maureen Dockendorf
- Gillian Guilmant-Smith
- Dr. Sharon Jeroski
- Pippa Rowcliffe
- Anastasia Poulis
- Brenda Sevillano Pena
- Claire Morgan Dyer
- Connie Giordano
- Daniel Colangelo
- Elena Naccarato
- Gayle David
- Jackie Farquhar
- Jane Bennett
- Janine Stutt
- Laura Christmann
- Loa Zilles
- Mary Teresa Nocera
- Shara-Lynn Fraser
- Shareen Young Cummings
- Anastasia DesRoches
- Danny Dowling
- Tara Deglan-Gallant
- Julie Gagnon
- Claire Gaudin
- Roseanne Gauthier
- Parker Grimmer
- Ann Hayes MacKenzie
- Shirley Jay
- Marilyn MacLean
- Tyler Miller