On Take Our Kids to Work Day, students will experience a day in the life of a professional within a workplace. The event provides students with the oppotunity to explore career options and navigate their interests in a fun and engaging way. This allows students to explore the world of work, better preparing them to make informed educational decisions about their future.
Students who visit a workplace on Take Our Kids to Work Day, will learn about a range of career possibilities available within a specific industry or sector. This is a valuable experience for students, as it will provide them with the tools they need to get a jump start on career planning!
What can students expect on Take Our Kids to Work Day?
- Students can expect to participate in a range of activities that will vary depending on the workplace they visit.
- Students will have the opportunity to learn from different professionals about the various career options.
- Students can expect their workplace host to take them on a tour of the workspace.
- Students will be able to ask their workplace host questions about their role, field, sector, or questions relating to the organization as a whole.
- Students can expect to leave the workplace they visit with knowledge of today’s workforce.