A flexible program that meets important learning outcomes
Coding Quest offers teachers and students their choice of themes: story-telling for Grades 1 to 3 and story-telling or game design for Grades 4 to 8.
Each theme requires four to five hours of direct instruction and comes with a full set of lesson plans and hands-on activities.
Coding Quest helps students develop global competencies such as critical thinking and problem solving, creativity and innovation, communication and collaboration. By the end of the Grade 4 to 8 program, students can:
- Demonstrate that they know the fundamentals of the engineering design process
- Use coding skills and language
- Understand basic storytelling and computer game development
- Use coding as a tool for creating and problem-solving
- Understand problems and solutions as a sequence of small steps (computational thinking)
- Communicate with purpose their project during a virtual showcase
Students develop Global Competencies and other future-ready skills.