Directors of Education Leadership Institute Series VI
This unique and redesigned executive leadership program is slated to be offered in collaboration with the Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario. Designed for CEO’s of school districts across Canada it will be offered over two modules. The first is proposed for July of 2018 at Ivey’s residential Spencer Leadership Centre on the UWO campus in London, Ontario and the second in October of 2018 at Ivey’s Tangerine Leadership Centre in downtown Toronto.
This is the sixth Directors’ Institute on Leadership and Strategic Impact and the third undertaken in collaboration with the Ivey School of Business. Program delivery will be through Ivey’s renowned case study method which guarantees a high degree of interactivity by the participants. David Loree will be the Academic Director and will be very involved in case delivery and analysis along with Ivey faculty members Fernando Olivera and Gerard Seijts.
This two module course will address leadership and strategic impact through three broad themes:
- Big Picture Leadership: Connecting Strategy and Leadership
- Inter-Personal Leadership: Connecting with Your People
- Change Leadership: Connecting Action to Outcome
Module 1 is planned for Ivey’s Spencer Leadership Centre on the UWO campus in London, Ontario. Participants arrive for 4pm check-in on July 8, 2018 and will depart at noon on July 13, 2018. All participants will be residential for the 5 days as sessions will run through the evenings. Time for reading, individual professional reflection and social activity is built into this program.
Case study themes for module 1 will be as follows:
- Day 1 - What Leadership Actually Looks Like
- Day 2 - Extraordinary Strategic Leadership, Big Strategic Leaps in a Changing World, Resistance: Work Through It
- Day 3 - Designing Organizations for Continuous Change, Execution: How Strategy Develops Through Action, Leadership on the Line: Dealing With Crisis
- Day 4 - Leveraging Performance: Getting the Most from People, Injecting Coaching into Daily Interactions, Building an Organizational Culture of High Engagement
- Day 5 - Mastering the Art of Persuasion, Getting Your People on Board
- Day 6 - Inter-Personal Leadership in Action (to 12noon)
Module 2 is planned for Ivey’s Tangerine Leadership Centre at 130 King Street W., Toronto. This program will run on October 18 & 19, 2018 with sessions commencing at 8:30am on both days, running into the evening on the first day and concluding by 5pm on the second day.
The broad themes of inter-personal and change leadership will be explored through case studies facilitated by Ivey Professor Gerard Seijts. Participants will explore a focused program of ideas and concepts designed to illuminate the importance of character and leadership.
During both modules keynote speakers from the business sector will address the course providing opportunity for participants to reflect upon their own leadership. In addition participants will have the opportunity to complete a confidential 360° evaluation of their leadership profile